Sometimes you cannot uninstall an application or a program because of several reasons and one of them is that these come pre-installed with your devices. The same is the case with McAfee LiveSafe that came pre-installed for users of Windows 10. The programs that come pre-installed on Windows 10 devices are really hard to remove. The main reason why you cannot do so is because of the presence of adware or spyware. These usually get installed with other freeware that you download via the Internet. The presence of a malicious application will also restrict the removal of certain applications from your device.
When a user wishes to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from his device and he cannot do so because of the above-mentioned reasons, then he must follow the guidelines given in this article. This instructional guide will help a user to get rid of those programs that won’t uninstall easily. But before moving ahead, we should make sure that we install other security solutions, if we are going to delete LiveSafe from our devices.
Instructions for users on whose device McAfee LiveSafe came preinstalled
- Make sure that you install other McAfee products before removing it so that your device remains protected all the time.
- This will also ensure that you do not have to pay for a new subscription.
- You should visit McAfee’s Official Website if any subscription is pre-installed on your Windows device.
Read Also >> This 2020 secure your Smartphones with McAfee Mobile Security 4.8
Steps to Uninstall LiveSafe via the “Control Panel”
This is the first method that you should try if there is a presence of any malfunctioning app on your PC. Sometimes, you might also notice that an application or a program is acting suspiciously. In this situation, the best thing to try is to use different methods to get rid of it and one of them is discussed below:
- Begin by opening your device and logging in as an administrator.
- After this, backup your data that is affiliated with McAfee so that you can access it even after uninstalling the program from your device.
- Further, click on the “Start” menu and locate the “Control Panel” tab.
- You can also directly navigate to the “Settings” menu by tapping on the icon that looks similar to a gear. (This option is present in Windows 10 devices)
- When the Control Panel opens, tap on the “View as” option and select “Category” from here.
- Further, tap on the “Uninstall a Program” option visible under the “Programs” section.
- Those who have directly opened the “Settings” app can click on the “Apps” option.
- This action will open a list of all installed programs on your PC including McAfee LiveSafe.
- From here, locate McAfee LiveSafe and click on it followed by tapping on the “Uninstall” button.
- When the uninstallation wizard opens, either click on the “repair” or click on the “remove” option.
- After selecting the “remove” option, tap “next”.
- Select “Yes” when you are asked to confirm your action.
When you click on the “Finish” button, your product will remove completely from your device. All you need to do is restart your PC and see if it is still there or not. If not, then you are successful at uninstalling LiveSafe from Windows 10. You may also use the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR tool).