It is always important to work with the security software that provides complete security to your data and device. Secondly, it is equally important to add a trusted application when you are working with McAfee antivirus. In this article, you will get to learn the essentials that will help you to add trusted apps the moment you are working with McAfee that is downloaded from mcafee.com/activate. The moment you are launching different applications while working with McAfee, McAfee’s real-time security module may detect some corrupted files and prevent the app from running normally.
To make sure you do not end up misguiding the warnings or files with the improper quantity you need to add a trusted application that will work well with McAfee. Moreover, if there is some application that faces trouble in connecting to online services then you have to add those apps as the exceptions to McAfee firewall to allow them uninterrupted access to the Internet network connections. So without any further delay let’s get started!!
Descriptive steps to exclude trusted applications
In this section, you will get to learn the basic steps to exclude trusted applications while working with McAfee. So, here are the steps:-
- First of all, you have to open your McAfee application and then tap on the “Navigation” button.
- After this, you have to scroll down and go to the “Navigation Center” option.
- And then tap on the option that is labeled as “Real-Time Scanning”.
- Tap on the option that is known as “Excluded Files” and then you have to click on the “Add File” option.
- You have to now select the executable file of the application that you wish to add and after this, you have to tap on the “Open” button.
Suppose, you have to add Mozilla Firefox as one of the McAfee trusted applications, you have to navigate to the Mozilla Firefox folder. You can locate it by default under the Programs Files folder of your Windows installation window and then you can just select the Firefox file.
- Just tap on the “Exit” button to close the McAfee application and save the changes.
What is the process to allow the applications through the firewall?
Here in this section, you will get to learn the procedure to allow the apps through a firewall.
- First of all, you have to open the Navigation center” on your McAfee application and then tap on the Firewall.
- After this, you have to select the Internet connections for the programs and then tap on the “Add” option.
- Now, you have to use the “Browse” option in order to select the executable file of an app.
- You have to select the option labeled as “Incoming and outgoing” in order to give permission for full access through the firewall.
- In the end, you just have to click on the “Save” option to give permission to the application.
- Remember, to prevent the application from connecting the risk-oriented domains, you can easily choose to set McAfee’s Net Guard feature to “On” before you tap on the “Save” option.
While you work with McAfee or any other antivirus it is important to add the trusted application as the antivirus might block certain contents of the respective application that will make it difficult to run. So, you need to understand the basic points clearly that are mentioned in the article above. However, if you have any confusion related to the topic then it is a recommendation to visit the official website.