We all know that McAfee is a valuable tool for those who want to stay secure from virus and malware attacks. With McAfee antivirus solution you will get the complete protection from viruses and other infectious attacks.
There are some users who run the key generation programs in order to create the serial numbers for their software. Such Keygen applications are selected by McAfee and the protection software identifies these applications as virus-infected programs and automatically deletes them.
Here, in this article, you will get to learn the steps that will help you to stop McAfee from tagging these programs as virus-infected and deleting or blocking such programs.
What are the steps to restrict McAfee from deleting a KeyGen?
If you wish to stop McAfee from deleting or blocking the KeyGen programs, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, you need to click twice on the “Security Center” icon from the main Windows tray.
- Once you open the “Security Center” window you will see the mail configurations for McAfee.
- After this, you need to click on the “Internet applications” tab that is present on the left side of the window.
- Here, you have to click on the “New Allowed Application” option.
- Doing this will open a new window where you can specify your KeyGen software program as an exception.
- Just click on the “Browse” option present in the “Select Application to allow” window.
- After this, click twice on the KeyGen’s Exe file that is downloaded on your computer and then click on the “Next” option.
- You have to check the “Allow Full Access” option that is visible in the “Permissions” window.
- In the end, you have to click on the “Close” option to save the modifications.
The steps mentioned in the article will help you to stop McAfee from deleting a KeyGen program. If you still have any confusion left related to these steps then it is recommended to visit McAfee’s official website. The customer support team will help you to get your queries resolved. So, if any of your highly accessible KeyGen program and you do not want McAfee to shut the program off, then these are some of the supporting steps to stop McAfee from doing so.