McAfee True Key is an incredibly intelligent product that lets you manage your accounts and log in to them with one master password. Even if you have created different passwords for different online accounts, you will be able to access those accounts using a common password with the help of the True Key. However, while installing McAfee True Key, you might come across different errors which is quite unfortunate for a user.
The error message which we are talking about in this post reads as- “Oops, something went wrong.” Well, this error message on a user’s screen is enough to frustrate him when he needs to get the benefit of a product he has paid for. So, if you are also one of those annoyed users, then you will surely find this article helpful. Read on to find out more about the same.
What causes McAfee True Key installation error?
In case you have previously tried to install McAfee true Key on your device, but failed in this endeavor, then you will face the same issue. This error might not only occur because of the leftovers of true Key But other McAfee products as well that you have tried to download via mcafee.com/activate.
Method to get rid of the error
It is quite clear from the previous section that in order to get rid of the issue, you need to remove all the traces and leftovers of previous McAfee products. Therefore, we shall try to remove those traces with the help of the McAfee Product Removal Tool which is also known as the MCPR tool. So, here is the stepwise process to use the tool:
Read Also >> McAfee vs Norton : Are you being fooled?
- Save all the files that you are currently using.
- And, then exit all the windows that are open on your screen.
- Go to McAfee’s official website.
- Download the MCPR tool from there.
- On the next window that appears, do as you want.
- Choose either ‘Yes’, ‘Continue’ or ‘Run’ to proceed.
- On the next screen, click Next > Agree.
- When the Security Validation screen shows, type the characters you see.
- After typing the characters, tap ‘Next.’
- You will see one of the two messages- cleanup unsuccessful or removal complete.
If the cleanup is successful, you will have to restart your PC. If not, then you should repeat the same process from the starting. However, before repeating the process, you must delete the previous copy of the tool and then download it again via www.mcafee.com/activate.