We may sweep over the vast universe of internet in our quest to find suitable protection for our online devices. However, sometimes our efforts end up in an endless loop of disappointments. On the other hand, online threats are emerging at a pace we cannot possibly comprehend in our wildest imagination. To push back these virus attacks and cyber infiltration attempts, the old-age virus protection we rely upon is like fighting a tactical war with slingshots.
We need to employ a robust McAfee activate protection that can meet all our security needs. It need not only safeguard from all sorts of viruses and malware but also ensures the security of online devices from malicious websites, infected files and ransomware threats at all time.
Let’s get started with McAfee Total Protection
McAfee Total Protection, as the name itself suggests, provides 360-degree all-round protection that promises to shield your devices from whatever threat is looming in the online universe. Besides, the package encompasses many features that may encourage you to subscribe to this all-in-one protection offered by McAfee.
Is it compatible with other devices powered by Android, iOS, and Mac?
To activate McAfee Total Protection, you need to visit mcafee.com/activate, to begin with. The service is available on all versions of Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP/Vista. Additionally, the product is compatible with various other movable devices including Android, iOS, MacOS, etc.
- In case, you want to try McAfee Total Protection before you buy it to test its quality features, you are free to download the installer for a trial version of the product.
- If you’re already using McAfee activate products, you probably have heard about its features and qualities. You will need to create an account via McAfee my account to get the latest offers on the products, download McAfee activate and install the setup file on your device.
- Once you download and install the product, you will need to activate your McAfee Total Protection by using the website mcafee.com/activate. Your McAfee activate process is complete and your product is ready to use.
We will begin the process with Windows PC and the Mac version is almost similar.
Notable features of McAfee Total Protection for Windows desktop
Once the installation and activation are done, you will see a Window on your screen prompting you to feed your email address in the allocated box. Enter your McAfee activate key to enable automatic updates and get download links of McAfee activate products for other devices.
Let’s go through the various sections of McAfee Total Protection
In this section, you can get an overview of your running security status. If you see “Secure” at the bottom left side of the page, then everything is in order, as well as notifies you of what measures you need to take if it is isn’t. To download the McAfee activate, visit mcafee.com/activate.
Besides the “Secure” tab at the bottom of the page, you will see additional functions that are essential to managing the security:
- Run a Scan: The function enables you to run a full-scale scanning to detect any existing threat on your PC.
- True Key: It is a part of your McAfee subscription package with no extra charges and is used to manage McAfee’ password protection feature for McAfee activate
- Application updates: It will check for any available update for your Windows PC or installed programs so you can deploy latest security updates.
- Remove cookies and trackers: This helps in removing cookies and temporary files that can track your personal information.
This section will assist in monitoring your system’s protection against hackers and threats. It keeps you updated and the lights on the left side indicate what security feature is disabled. If the light is green, then the feature is active.
- Real-time scanning
- Automatic updates
- Scheduled scans
At the bottom of the page, you will see the same features “Run a Scan” and “Application Updates” as visible on the Home page. There’s also an update sections that enables you check updates for McAfee Total Protection.
This tab assembles tools to deploy online protection against identity theft. Go to the install page for the McAfee WebAdvisor browser Extension and turn-on the Anti-spam protection feature.
You will find features like True Key and WebAdvisor at the bottom of the page. Also, a shredder function is available to delete the infected files permanently, making them impossible to recover.
You may discover another cookie removal utility in this section. You can keep a close eye on your family’s browsing history and prevent them access to malicious websites with “Parent Control” feature.
“My network” feature gives you an overview of all the devices that are connected by the same Wi-Fi network. At the right side of the page, File Lock feature enables you to lock sensitive files, images, and data to keep them safe from prying eyes.
This section enables you to access a few features of McAfee my account. You can extend your McAfee activate trial period to McAfee Total Protection subscription by pressing the “Buy” button on the left side of the page.
Just click on McAfee My Account to open your account page on the web