With McAfee Mobile Security, you get complete protection from the virus, malware and other suspicious links that redirect you to the abandoned websites. McAfee mobile security enables you to stay protected from cyber crimes and other online frauds, while you surf the internet.
Sometimes, while using your Mobile Security app, you may face a common issue that your mobile security account gets locked as you have entered a wrong pin too many times.
This article will help you to solve this issue and have access to your McAfee Mobile Security account once again. This error occurs onscreen when you try to log in to your McAfee Security account multiple times with an incorrect pin. You see a message online saying, “You used the wrong PIN too many times, and your McAfee Mobile Security account is locked.
Easy to follow steps to resolve the McAfee Mobile Security issue
If you are not able to access your Mobile security account in your device, then you can use one of the options described below:-
- You can unlock with Fingerprint Unlock.
- You can unlock the account with the help from your buddies.
- You can access your secure account using Security questions.
- You can access the account via McAfee website.
If you want to unlock with Fingerprint Unlock then, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You have to click on the “Unlock your device with a fingerprint” option, visible under the “Forgot your Pin?” option.
- Put your registered finger to unlock your account.
If you want to unlock the account with the help of your buddies then, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to click on the “Forgot your PIN?”
- You have to click on the “Send it to my buddies” option.
- Get the temporary Pin from one of your registered buddies.
- At last, you have to type the Pin to unlock the McAfee mobile security account.
If you want to unlock the account using Security questions then, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You have to click on the “Forgot your PIN?” option visible on the webpage.
- You have to click on the “Answer Security Question” option.
- Now, type the answers and click on the “Submit” option.
- Finally, you have to create a new Pin when it is prompted on-screen.
- You have to make sure that your device has proper network connectivity as it is required to send the new PIN to MacAfee servers.
- If you are using devices that have SIM cards, then you have to make sure that the phone number shown in the “Tracking” section, visible on the “Lock” page does match with the SIM card inserted in the device.
If you want to unlock the account via McAfee official website then, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to log in to the McAfee official website.
- You have to select the McAfee Mobile Security account.
- Go the “Lock” page; you have to click on the “Unlock” option.
- If you are using a device that has SIM cards, make sure that the phone number in the Tracking section matches the SIM card inserted in the device.
- If the devices do not have a data connection then it might take time before the unlock command reaches the device.
- If there is no means of having a network connection, then you cannot obtain access to your account.
It is essential to stay logged in to your McAfee Mobile Security account; however, if you are not able to regain access to your account due to multiple access denial then, the steps mentioned in the article above will help you to solve your issue. In case you have other issues related to McAfee security accounts, you can visit mcafee.com/activate or call toll free number.