Protecting your smart devices from the virus-attacks and to prevent it from the intrusion of threats, you need a security solution. As we know that, McAfee products which we activate at mcafee.com/activate have been widely used and are considered best among a number of other antivirus software.
To enjoy all the features and take benefit of its functionalities, you need to have the software on your device. While McAfee activate process is easy, sometimes it starts displaying errors. The most common error which a user faces is at the time of downloading the software. The McAfee error 12152 or 7305 which display on your screen give the hints towards the same.
If the McAfee product is having trouble while the downloading process is taking place, then the screen might display the following error messages:
- “Unable to Continue Installation”
- “We’re having trouble completing your McAfee software installation because of this error: 12152.”
- “Something went wrong with the Installation”
- “We’re having trouble completing your McAfee software. Here are some fixes you can try”
A step-by-step solution to rectify error 12152 or 7305
As the root cause of the problem lies with the software connection itself, you need to fix it as soon as possible so that your device could be protected again. Although we could hardly do anything to resolve the error, there are still some things that can be tried. It is recommended that you should wait for about an hour or so and check if the server has started to respond or not and you are able to take the downloading process further. If not, use the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool. The tool helps to make your computer get rid of the failed installations that have ever taken place on to your system. Without further ado, let’s get this issue fixed.
NOTE: Before you start carrying forward the procedure for using the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool, it is suggested that you save all the files which you are currently working upon. Also, close the programs that are running in the background.
- Open the web browser and navigate to the official website of McAfee. From there, download the MCPR tool.
- Next, double click on the downloaded .exe file to install it on your device.
- Once it gets installed, it is time to activate it at mcafee.com/activate
- On the appearance of security warning window, click on the “continue” option.
- Now the software removal screen will appear and here you have to click on the “Next” option.
- Now read and agree to the End User License Agreement of MCPR.
- When you run this tool, it will remove all the junk and failed installation files from your system.
Read Here: How to Make Effective Use of McAfee QuickClean Tool?
Upon the successful removal, try to download your McAfee software again. If the issue still persists, get connected to the support team and seek assistance from the trained experts.