If you are a Mac user and facing errors such as “McAfee Live safe Mac update”, then this article will help you to resolve your issues in the best possible ways. This McAfee error occurs when the Internet Security for Mac tries to perform an update on Macintosh operating systems. Here you will find out the ways to deal with the error in a corrective way. If you are having any specific query other than then this one then visit the official website mcafee.com/activate.
The “McAfee live safe Mac update” issue might be caused by the Internet security on your Mac extension that is not authorized or there might be a problem with the firewall or the browser settings. Without a further do let’s get started with the solution to fix the “McAfee live safe Mac update” issue.
Prerequisites while dealing with “McAfee live safe Mac update” error
For this, you just need to:
- Have your Mac admin account credentials with you.
- Have the “McAfee My Account” credentials available so that you can easily download the latest version of the software.
- Make sure that your computing devices are plugged socket and not running out of the battery.
Note: For more prerequisites and system requirement details, visit McAfee website mcafee.com/activate.
Easy-to-follow steps to fix the “McAfee live safe Mac update” issue
There are certain steps to be followed in order to rectify the McAfee Live Safe Mac update. The steps are as follows:-
- To begin with, you need to authorize the Internet Security for Mac kernel extension.
- In the next step, you need to modify your firewall settings. For this, you can choose one between the two mentioned below:-
- Via third-party firewall apps, just follow the steps below:-
- Firstly, you need to be ensured by having any firewall apps running on your device.
- Now, preview your installed applications in the “Applications” folder.
- You can easily view your installed apps that are present in the “Applications” folder.
- If a firewall app is running presently, make sure that the “Internet Security for Mac” says “Allowed” and not on a “Blocked” mode.
- Once you have completed the modification process, you just need to click on the “Save” option.
- Via McAfee firewall, for doing this you need to follow the steps:
- At first, you need to click on the McAfee Menu let from the menu bar.
- After this, you need to select the “McAfee LiveSafe– Internet Security Console” option.
- Now, you have to click on the “Mac Security” option and then click on the “Firewall” option.
- In this step, you have to click on the lock in order to make the modifications.
- Enter your password and change the “Type” tab from “Public” to “Home”.
- In the end, click on the lock again to save the changes.
3. Now, you have to clear cookies and cache in the safari (browser). For this, you have to follow the steps:-
- To begin with, you need to click on the “Safari” browser.
• Click on the “Preferences” option.
- After this, you need to click on the “Privacy” tab and then pursue by tapping on the “Manage Website Data” option.
- Once this step is completed, you just need to click on the “Remove All” tab and then click on the “Remove Now” option.
• Click on the “Privacy” settings and then click on the “Manage Website Data” option.
- Click on the “Done” option and then restart your Mac.
4. After this, you have to reinstall Internet security for Mac devices.
• To reinstall Internet security you first need to download and install McAfee consumer products.
• Now, restart your Mac devices when the installation process gets completed.
• You need to try to update again, in case you see the same error message on your screen, then you need to visit the McAfee Support Centre website.
Note:- If these steps don’t help you then it is suggested to visit McAfee website www.mcafee.com/activate. The customer support assistants will help you rectify your issues with the best possible solutions.
Hopefully, by following the steps mentioned you will be able to fix the “McAfee Live safe Mac update” issue. It is suggested to follow the steps in an orderly manner so that you will not face any further errors. However, if you are still unable to fix the issue, then it is recommended to visit the website that goes by the URL mcafee.com/activate.