McAfee security antivirus software provides you with a 360 view of preventing antivirus invasion on the devices. With McAfee software, you will get a variety of products, which will secure your devices from online threats, hacking, and cybercrime and from data loss. You can install and activate your McAfee product from the official website mcafee.com/activate. To perform a McAfee activation process for your devices, you must purchase the desired product for your devices.
What is the need to uninstall Mcafee Antivirus?
You might look for the solutions to uninstall McAfee, and it is because the trial versions of McAfee products were pre-installed at when you have purchased the device, or maybe you want to uninstall McAfee antivirus and install another antivirus software product. You might have also experienced situations where internet access gets off. So to avoid such issues, you are required to uninstall the antivirus and reinstall it again on your computing devices.
How to uninstall McAfee Antivirus?
In case, if you want to uninstall Mcafee product you can follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Type “Programs and Features”, on your windows start screen.
- Now, locate the McAfee program from the list of programs.
- Select the McAfee program (the one you wish to uninstall).
- Now, right-click on the McAfee program and select the uninstall option.
- Select the “checkboxes” for those items, which you want to remove
- Now click on the “Remove” option.
How you can uninstall McAfee antivirus from Amazon Fire Device?
If you want to uninstall Mcafee from Amazon Fire Device, you can follow the below-mentioned steps mentioned below:-
- Tap Apps option, from Home window.
- Tap on the “Device” option, visible on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Locate the application, you want to remove, then press and hold the application until a checkmark appears
- Now tap on Remove option then click on the From Device option.
How to fix Error: “Uninstall can’t continue”?
You might encounter an error while uninstalling McAfee, to fix this you can download and reinstall the MEI drivers for your computer.
Important: – You have to keep the Prerequisites mentioned below to install MEI drivers:-
- The device should be on AC power mode.
- Only you should be logged on to the computing device.
- The logged-in account has Administrator privileges.
- All other running programs and files must be closed.
- Current drivers should be removed if any.
By wrapping up, you can say that although McAfee is the best antivirus to protect and secure your data and device. However, like another antivirus, there is a need to uninstall McAfee when errors occur. In such cases, you need to uninstall the McAfee software via McAfee from Amazon Fire Device.